The ASCE Bechtel Conference Center is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and taking appropriate measures in accordance with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) , WHO and state and local health authorities. We strive to ensure a safe environment for clients, tenants, employees and guests.
Current Status: Open, with limitations
The ASCE Bechtel Conference Center is accepting meetings on a case-by-case basis.
We will work with you to see if we can accommodate your needs during this pandemic. We have space to hold physically-distant meetings, as well as hybrid meetings, with some attendees present in the building, connecting with others remotely. Please contact us to discuss options.
ASCE Bechtel Conference Center is taking many proactive measures which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the Conference Center.
- We have confirmed with our janitorial team that our cleaning procedures meet the latest guidelines on hygiene and cleaning.
- All building common areas such as railings, door handles, elevator call buttons, light switches, etc. are wiped down regularly with hospital-grade disinfectants.
- Restrooms are thoroughly cleaned regularly with hospital-grade disinfectants including toilets, urinals, plumbing fixtures, sinks, counter tops, stall handles, and floors.
- Cleaning personnel wear latex gloves and dispose of them properly.
- ASCE Bechtel Conference Center-provided equipment such as tables, chairs, podiums, microphones, etc. are wiped down daily with hospital-grade disinfectants.
- Caterers contracted through the ASCE Bechtel Conference Center adhere to ServSafe standards. The ASCE Bechtel Conference Center always maintains a safe environment in food handling, preparation for food service and storage. However, we are taking extra precautions, such as setting up food and drink service areas with gloves.
- Our catering providers and other vendors have all confirmed that they are taking extra precautions in line with CDC guidelines.
- Signage displaying CDC-recommended best practices for proper hygiene that can help combat the spread of the virus has been posted throughout the building.
- All building visitors, including guests of the ASCE Bechtel Conference Center, will be asked to complete a self-declaration attesting that they do not exhibit known risks for COVID-19 transmission.
- We will stay up to date with current CDC and WHO advice and change any of the above protocols as needed.
What we encourage guests and staff to do:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wash hands frequently using soap and water, and dry thoroughly.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid personal contact, such as shaking hands.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue (and immediately dispose of) or the upper arm, not the hand.
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
Change of plans?
We know that these rapidly changing times will be causing disruptions to many planned events and meetings in the near future. We understand that the situation is fluid and you may not know all details yet. Please be assured that if you need to postpone or cancel an event, you won’t lose your deposit, and if unused by the end of the year, we will refund you in full.